Tuesday, June 10

I've added a few new links...

...friends from Singapore - some who have moved on to other parts of the world and some who will continue to be in Singapore for a while longer. They're interesting -- check them out.

It's so much fun to be a "nana" ...... who has a few extra $$$ to spend. With 7 grandkids, there's always a birthday around the corner - and you know what that means - BOOKS!! There are so many cute, informative and just plain fun books out there - I can't wait to help build another generation of readers =) Get it kids?? (Some of my own kids don't like to read - WHAT!?!?!) Books like"Fancy Nancy" and "Skippy Jon Jones" and the "Fablehaven" series for older kids. Also books that teach you about bugs, space and dinosaurs! yeeeaaahhh books!

Oh and just for you Ana - I've now found out just what the "Twilight" series is, though I haven't started reading them yet -- still enjoying all the Steve Berry books - but I'll get to them soon enough! BTW - there is a 4th book in the Twilight series (coming out soon to a B. Dalton, Borders or library near you) and now she has also started a new series (though I won't get into that just yet).

Also, for those of you who enjoyed "Eragon" and "Eldest" by Christopher Paolini, there is the 3rd (and I believe the last) book in his series coming out later this summer or early fall.

And one more....Cornelia Funke .... if you haven't read any of her books, like "Inkheart" or "Inkspell", she also has a 3rd book in this series coming out in late summer/early fall. It was supposed to be released earlier this year, but according to one bookseller I talked to, they delayed the newest book to come after the movie premier later this summer. WHAT!?!? A movie? Cool!!!! These are great books and shouldn't be missed.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love new books to read. Thanks for the suggestions! I have yet to read the "Eragon" series, but it's on my list. I've already pre-ordered the new Twilight book (I would wait and check it out from the library, but the last book had about 800 people on the waiting list!) I'm excited to get the new book "The Host" today or tomorrow. Abinadi had a gift card at Amazon and thought of ME! It's science fiction (aliens living in human bodies) so we will see how good it is. I hope that you are having a good time in Washington! Will you still be there when emily comes? P.S. Emily.. YOU need to read the twilight books!!

Emily Marie said...

Yes I do need to read them, I keep forgetting until I read anything from any of my friends, because I think I am the only one not reading them. Need to remember! Also cool mom, I remember a few of those people! The ones who just moved into a new house! Wow, that is big and beautiful!