Wednesday, January 14

A New Meaning...

Queenie does not know that this is my most favorite passage from the Scriptures. She is one of my dear friends from Singapore and she gave to me today a scroll that she had painted Chinese calligraphy on...It is a scripture from 1 Corinthians 13:13 - "And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity."

This has a new meaning for me today ~~ faith - in God and Jesus Christ, and the knowledge that they know me, know my situation and that, above all, they love me. ~~ hope - in the things to come, that they will be good and that I will be able to weather whatever comes. ~~ charity - for all of God's children, especially when they are mean.

Each day I learn something new in the Gospel -- something to comfort, teach, prepare, strengthen and most of all...to pass on to another.

Thank you Queenie - you are another angel sent to me...

No comments: