Tuesday, December 30

I did something very scary today ':-o

Today, I had to go to Clark Community College to meet with the director of the Displaced Homemakers course. I drove to Clark College, parked, walked inside, found the correct office and signed in. Ms. Merritt was busy so I had to wait a short time. Then she called me into her office, we talked, she told me what I would be learning during the course and then had me fill out some paperwork and a short personal assessment in the computer lab. Then I was done...I did this ALL BY MYSELF :) I didn't have to have anyone hold my hand.

The weirdest part for me was that I'd been on that campus many, many times in the course of the last 15 or so years - but always as a parent, a chaperon or a spectator, for choir and band concerts and contests. This time I was there by myself, for myself. whoo ;)

After we were finished, I went to my car and started hyperventilating. Then I cried...I did it, I DID it, and, I DIDN'T DIE!! The tears were big fat ones and flowed very quickly. It's the first time in my entire life that I've done something good that is only and completely for myself -- and I did it all by myself!!!

Woohoo! And I'm a part-time college student...this class actually earns me 6 college credits! I've been a wife and mother for the last 33 years, with no work experience and no college -- I'm doing it! :) The 4-week class starts on Jan 20th -- scary...

I know that Heavenly Father lives, and he loves me too -- he held my hand through this day...The Lord walks beside me and helps me through my fears...I did it :)

8 comments:

Vicki said...

I know you are an amazing woman and will continue to surprise yourself with all that you can accomplish... especially with your faith.
congrats :)

Reluctant Nomad said...

Congrats Nanny! That is a major feat. And good luck with the class...

Emily Marie said...

Good job Mamma! You will do great in the class! :)

PP said...

Bravo!

Olivia Heilmann said...

"I said that you could do it! You did it! You did it! I knew that you could do it and indeed you did!"

Jenn said...

That is so Great !!!! Congratulations you will have all the success you desire.

Mina said...

That's funny Liv, we were quoting/singing My Fair Lady and a bunch of other musicals at work yesterday.

MOMMY!! I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!!! You are such an amazingly strong woman and the more you do, the more you'll know it's true.

Christina said...

You go girl! I am actually starting to think in the same direction, you are giving me ideas, good ones!! Congratulations,it will be so much fun for you!!!My mom loved going to college as an adult, she said it was the best thing she'd ever done. Good luck and continue !!
Christina