Wednesday, September 17

2nd half of day one and 1st half of day 2 ~ phew~

Here are a few shots of what I've been up to this first full day in Sacramento, CA. I have come to visit my friend Trish, whom I met while living in Singapore. Tuesday, she and I ate lunch at Red Robin and in the evening she, Matt (her husband) and I attended the new Temple in Sacramento. We were up bright and early for a 1-1/2 mile walk in the morning, then off to Placerville and the apple orchards near there. We ate lunch at one orchard (pulled pork sandwich - yum yum yum) and had an apple cider donut, FRESH peach cobbler and unpasteurized apple cider to drink at another. We had fun looking at all the sorting machines and such. They don't let you pick from their trees; at least not at this time - maybe later?? I think I ate Porkie's brother (or sister?) for lunch =-) Then later in the afternoon, Trish watched her 2-1/2 year old granddaugher for a while and now we'll be off to other adventures for the day. It will end with a nice dinner at home. Nope -- hehe -
then we went and shopped at the Folsom Outlet Shopping Center and got her 3 grandkids a new
outfit each. And now you can wait with baited breath for the next installment sometime tomorrow.

3 comments:

Vanalee said...

How fun that you get to visit Trish! Tell Trish and Matt hello from me. Have a great time & I look forward to the updates on your trip. Lunch sounds like it was great, but personally I'd prefer not seeing the whole pig cooking. I like to think that meat just comes from the styrofoam packages in the store and not from a real animal.

Olivia Heilmann said...

You take amazing pictures!! Look like fun and yummy food!

nAnnie Laurie said...

hehe - Vanalee - you slay me =-) styrofoam trays ;)