Thursday, November 8

Update** A Day in the Life of ..... me :)

You will notice that I'm wearing the same outfit....that is typical -- really, all day, unless I don't exercise, and then I'm in my PJ's. I promise, I get cleaned up and changed if I have to go somewhere, though :) My knitting is making beanies for preemies - a church service project. I read something everyday -- scriptures, novels and self-help books -- usually all 3 :) I do some kind of cleaning everyday - and I get the most is done the same day the maid is here - she inspires me. Her name is Lala (short for Lalang), she is Philippina and lives with her 3 sisters. They send most of their money home for their families there. Lala is married with 3 children, who all live back in the Philippines.

New part ~~ [[Sometimes I go out with friends for lunch or shopping - but all except 1 of my best friends has moved away, and she works almost every day, so I am on my own most of the time. Occasionally I travel out of Singapore - I've been to Perth, Australia; Edinburgh, Scotland; Malaka, Malaysia; Bangkok, Thailand; a little island that is part of Indonesia called Bintan; and "home", of course, several times. There are still a couple of places I'd like to visit in China - the Great Wall & the Forbidden City in Beijing and the Terracotta Soldiers in Xi'an. That's all...travelling has become more of a chore for me than an enjoyment. At least as far as Asia is concerned, picture books and movies are cleaner. I guess I hope that I can afford to see more of my own country after I move back. There are lots of places I still would like to see and experience. We have a spectalularly beautiful country! Having Sarah here has been really wonderful, because she keeps me inline :-) and I can talk and interact with another human during the day. Plus, I get to know my 'baby' much better - we have lots of fun just sitting and stitching and talking.]]





I play with 'my' baby :) and even change her diaper sometimes ;)





I read some, knit while watching TV and even do some cross stitching - Sarah got me going on this again - I used to do 'mountains' of counted cross-stitching.





I do some dishes and laundry most days ;)




It's "Christmas stocking season" - I make at least 30 (to sell & give away) and one year I made 91 !! I listen to Christmas music downloaded to my desktop - which is in this room, too :)



I pay the maid :) :) on Monday's :) :) They fog the outside grounds about 4 times a month






I try to exercise & Sarah keeps me doing it ;)

2 comments:

Olivia Heilmann said...

I LOVE IT!! What a fun post. Thanks so much for sharing that with us. I miss you mucho and Singapore, too. By the way, you look great!!

A monkey and her momma said...

We sure do have fun!!