Wednesday, January 17

Miss Blossom and Pals



Today I went washer and dryer shopping with my friend Trish at the newest mall in Singapore - it's called VIVOcity and it's huge and NOT user friendly ! But it's pretty and bright. It sits right next to one of the other biggest malls in Singapore, called Harbour Front Mall and these two malls are connected by a couple of tunnels/walkways. In one of the access walk-ways is a new store that opened on December 1 2006 - BUILD-A-BEAR !! yep - Singapore has one now, and because it's soon the Chinese New Year, and in honor of that, Build-a-Bear has a cute pink pig and a VERY Chinese outfit for it.........so............I "built-a-bear" today, dressed her in her Chinese costume and named her Miss Blossom. She is cute! I am sad about one thing, though, and that is - while Chacon's were here, we could have gone over to the Build-A-Bear shop if I'd realized that there was such a shop here in Singapore! I am so sad, 'cause I would have taken the girls over there and let them each make a bear for themselves. I will do that for Blake - they have TaeKwando outfits! So far, for each Chinese New Year that we have been here I've had a monkey, Dr. B. (2004), a dog, Seahawk(2006) and a pig, Miss Blossom (2007) made in honor of this holiday. The only place that had the rooster 'bear' (2005) was Japan, and I never could get access to that store, so I missed that year ;( Anyway, to finish the day, Trish and I found the washer/dryer she wants (the condo owner will buy it for them as replacements), ate lunch, bought HagenDaas ice cream and brought it home and talked for another 4-1/2 hours! All-in-all ........a very nice day! And one other thing I did today was purchase Mandy's and Blake's airline tickets to come visit us here in February - 7th-21st - YIPPEE!

3 comments:

Carlos Chacon said...

Nice. I would really like to come back--maybe I could convice everyone I am Blake? He could stay here--relative swap.

Olivia Heilmann said...

Miss Blossom is so cute! I loved the time when you had all us WA kids go out and make you the Seahawks bear. That was really fun. I am so glad that you have such good friends there and are having such a good time!

Mina said...

Sorry Carlos...Blake says "No way!!!". :D