Monday, December 8

Nativities and traveling

I went to the Vancouver Stake Festival of the Nativities tonight. It was wonderful...I got about 25 pictures or so...I'll post them soon....there were many beautiful one. Did you know that there is a Veggie Tales Nativity set??!!! I want it! :) There were hundreds of wonderful nativities - some quite simple, some very extravagant, many from other parts of the globe and all of them beautiful.

I went to the Fort Vancouver Tree Lighting last night, too. I saw my Georgie play in the Army Band...they used to be named the 104th Division Army Band. I guess the 104th Division has been dissolved...so they are now called the 204th Army Band. It was fun, with carolling and candle lights and some interesting talks and stories. I got a couple of pictures of this, too. Lynnette and her mom came, too, and we stood and watched and sang together. I will spend Christmas Day with George and the family at Church's. I'll get to spend Christmas Eve with Tim, Livvy and the boys and then they will go to the Heilmann's for Christmas Day. It should be fun - Lynnette makes the BEST orange rolls on earth! yum :)

I am going to travel to Payette, ID tomorrow (well, today I guess - it's after midnight) to visit Ginger for a while. A few days. Then when I return (or maybe while I'm away, some, too) Livvy, Tim and the boys will decorate up the house a bit. We'll go cut a real tree next weekend.

Oh - I got a visiting teaching route - Tacha and I saw all our ladies this past week - Joyce, Della and Betty - such good friends and such good comfort. I found out that Brenda Kunz has luekemia - such a shock! She has a blog, and I will post the address, when I get it, for those of you who know her and want to keep up on how she is doing. I hear it's not the worst kind of luekemia, but not the simplest, either. I'm sure the whole family will appreciate prayers on her behalf.

Have a good week - happy holidays -

3 comments:

Olivia Heilmann said...

Oh wow...I will keep Brenda in my prayers.

Nana Clark said...

Hey Laurie I saw Kristi (Brenda Kunz's daughter in law) and she gave me the blog address to read about the progress of Brenda.
Go to wwww.caringbridge.com and type in BrendaKunz. There's pictures and statements posted everyday by Kristi. You can leave Brenda a commet to brighten her day..... See Ya when you get back home.

Tacha

Nana Clark said...

Here's Breada Kunz information link to what going on in her life....

www.caringbridge.com

type in BrendaKunz