Monday, August 4

in the good-ole summer time....

Until such time as I can figure out why my pics from my Nikon won't download, the following pics are from my Canon. enjoy!

One of the things Emily, girls and I did was to go to the "Flavel House" in Astoria, OR. It's a beautiful, turn-of-the-century house built by, nother other than........ Mr. Flavel. He was a shipping magnet in the Columbia River trade, and up and down the Pacific coast, among other endeavors. He married his 14-year-old bride and they had 2 daughters and 1 son. The 11,000 sq. ft. Victorian-style house, which cost $37,000 to build & furnish, in our dollars and is now owned by the state of Oregon.



Our last party in honor of Julian, Olivia and me (Laurie) while Emily and her girls were here. George and Lynnette were along, too, of course. It's theme was Spidey - lah. All of our birthdays are really in August, so we'll get another party - good planning huh!?!?!? hahe


these are my new 'dreds' folks!! hehehe



1 comment:

Emily Marie said...

I like the new colors! Brown and blue :)