Friday, August 8

Beijing Opening Ceremonies

Oh wow!! I hope you all had the chance to watch the Opening Ceremonies of the Beijing Olympics - what a stunning, spectacular event. Perfection! The Most Beautiful I've seen, ever. I hope they will have a DVD of this event! I'd like to watch it again and again! Wasn't the torch lighting emotionally moving?? wow!

And, between now and when we leave Singpaore in May 2009, we will be traveling to China to visit Beijing (Forbidden City), Xian ( Terracotta Warriors) and Guiling (told to be the most beautiful river scenary in all of China) - I'm so excited!!!

Christina -- Sweden just walked into the Olympic Stadium in Beijing! yeah, Sweden!!! Someone I know (wink wink;) ;) is DVR'ing the Olympics - and I'll get a copy! so cool!

~~~***... AND ...***~~~

It's official =-) I will be returning to Singapore on October 7th. The change has been made to accomodate these needs:

1) The refinance will not be finished until the end of August, and that's just too close to the previously revised fly date of September 2nd -- if there were to be any glitches or changes, etc., I would not have enough time left to make them while I was here;
2) though my mom's colon cancer seems NOT to be an issue (her tests came back clear) she is still failing in health;
3) Bryan will be here in the US the last 1-1/2 to 2 weeks for business in Wash DC and taking a trip to Utah to see his mom during the time of his birthday, 30 September. He suggested that I just stay until he, too, flies back to Singapore on Oct 2nd, and I was able to change my flight to Oct 7th. (had to stay with the same day/time to have no charge for the change =-)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

First.. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I'm sorry I didn't wish it to you on your actual birthday!! Second, I really really enjoyed the Opening Ceremonies as well. They were spectacular! I was touched by the story of the little boy (who looked like a 2 year old next to the basketball player carrying the flag and i know I should know his name.. it's eluding me right now) who survived the Earthquake and then saved some of his classmates. He said it was because he was the hall safety monitor and it was his job. I believe he was 9. I'm looking forward to the posts about China... that's on my list of places to visit. :)

Christina said...

I loved the openings too!!! Ingela and Jonas were there and took lots of pictures. They said it was absolutely spectacular in real life and felt sorry for the people who "only" got to watch it on TV.
Sweden is bumming me out andI want to go BACK to Singapore!