Saturday, November 24

Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells :~)

Thanksgiving is gone and soon it will be CHRISTMAS :~) I LOVE Christmas :-) :> We had our friends over for Thanksgiving dinner, Mack and Christina - They are from Sweden. Because Thanksgiving is not a holiday here, we ate at 8PM after everyone's full work day -- Christina says living in a country like Singapore allows you to celebrate holidays and customs from many countries! what fun! :) They have 4 kids, with the youngest, Michael, on a mission in Belgium -- two of their kids were born in London and 2 in Sweden - what a crazy, fun family - and they both (C & M) love karaoke (some great party pals for daddy when I'm gone :)




Before Thanksgiving, Dad had brought home some deep fried bugs from China -- AND SARAH ATE THEM! oh GROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!
It wasn't enough that she ate 1 - she ate three (puke!)-- a wasp larvae, a grub, and a grasshopper. I almost passed out watching her and getting these pictures. There is NO WAY I am EVER!! going to eat a bug! She didn't say they tasted like chicken - nope - they taste like fried nothings -- but still -- the thought -- nope, not for me :( I gotta tell ya - heating them up in the microwave leaves such a disgusting smell in the house -- open the windows, please :(

Sarah and I will fly back to Virginia on December 11th, just in time for Emily's newborn baby girl and Christmas -- Colonial Williamsburg, here I come :~)

Did anyone do the Thanksgiving Day Skit?? Love to hear about it, 'k?

5 comments:

Emily Marie said...

Ok Sarah, that is totally disgusting!!!!! I am with you Mom all the way!
Glad you all had a good Thanksgiving, we didn't do the skit but it would be fun to do when the girls are older and can do the parts better!:)

Olivia Heilmann said...

That is TOTALLY DISGUSTING!! I can't believe she ate those. Sounds like your day was really fun. I wish I could have been there. I miss you all. And the food. and that MILK!! I love that stuff! and Karaoke. We can't fine an affordable one but want one badly! ;) Have fun in your warm weather!!

Unknown said...

YUCK YUCK YUCK (referring to the bugs, not dinner!)

Lynnette said...

Update! Update! changing colors doesn't count!

nAnnie Laurie said...

dang! you got me, Lynnette :) Soon, I promise ;)