Tuesday, April 17

Virginia Tech

I have read Carlos' and Emily's blogs about the shootings at Virginia Tech. I, too, do not understand what makes people do things like this and it saddens me deeply that so many families are affected - and it's not just the immediate families. All people who have gone through a tragedy like this are re-injured each time something like this happens. And, I, too, do not have any more to say about it except this - Heavenly Father is aware, and only He fully understands and can also fully heal our hearts and minds. Remember the shootings in the Amish community not too long ago? They forgave and healed their hearts almost the next day. They hold so close to the Lord, and they fully understand His power. By the way, young Sam Shimp and his wife and baby were right there on campus but were able to hide and be safe. Thank the Lord for that and for all the others that were spared - well, at least in physical injury. Make so mistake about it, they were all affected emotionally and will need the help of counselors and the Lord to deal with this horrendous tragedy. God Bless us and help us all.

1 comment:

Emily Marie said...

Thank you for your thoughts, I hope those at VT can heal and forgive!
p.s. You are funny, I have to re-orient myself when I click on your blog, it keeps changing!