Tuesday, April 3

my last, fast, great 2 weeks

Wow - it feels weird being back home! Feels like I've been gone soooooooo long and it's only been 2 weeks. First I went to the beach - and didn't tell anyone where ;) and escaped and relaxed for 4 days - it was great!

Then I came home and spent another 4 days with Livvy, Tim and boys - playing, taking care of home business, just being with them, going to Julian's pre-school one day - it was so fun! The ladies at church said I was visiting Livvy in her home :) They are doing a great job living there, keeping thing nice and enjoying painting and fixing things up! That house is so old that it needs lots of TLC - and Livvy knows how to get new carpets, stoves, etc., for free! good price - I took the gang out to dinner one night, including George and Lynnette - YUM and FUN.

I went to the Temple with Diane once - greatly needed that :) thanks!

Sarah flew in from Virginia for a week, and she and I went over to the Tri-cities to be with Mandy, Blake and GG for GG's 92nd birthday! It was a great surprise! GG cried and laughed and is still happy! Livvy had made a great card for her and she still laughs and giggles and shares it with her friends at Alterra - We ate out a lot and I gained weight - ugh :(

Then Sarah and I drove back 'home' and stopped at the Maryhill Museum (for the last 15 minutes it was opened for the day) and ran through all the exhibits, dashed out in the rain, drove over to the "Stonehenge" WWI memorial (part of Maryhill) and took a few pictures of the Columbia Gorge and Sarah.

There was never a dull moment and now that I am back home in Singapore, it seems like it was all just a long dream. While I was gone, Boni, Bryan's oldest sister came here, and I get to spend her last 2 days here with her. Fun :)

Then I can go into my traditional coma and sleep for 2 days to recover. I think I got sick on the plane, but maybe not so bad, because I drank so much "Airborne" ;) There was a Japanese lady (in her 30-40's??) all dressed in red, orange and pink - even her hair was pink - and she wore a pink 'cough mask' most of the flight from Seattle to Tokyo and coughed on me lots >:( Hope the Airborne works!

I'll post a couple of pictures in a day or two. See you all in August for George and Lynnette's wedding and for Sarah's baby! :) love to all and hugs and kisses all around!

1 comment:

Emily Marie said...

Glad you are home safe. Have fun with Boni! See you soon...p.s. when you come back...can you bring us some more Kaya?? :)