Friday, December 29

Horses anyone??

Just so you are the first to know - we won't find out about our job here until January 3rd! Yeah, whatever - I give up!
Now for the fun part (oh, and sorry I forgot my camera, so no pictures). Tonight daddy and I went to the race track with some work collegues, a track vet at the Singapore National Turf Club. We got to sit and eat in the VIP area - VERY good food, set up buffet style, and eat all you want. We got to sit in the "4th floor, air conditioned, up high, great view area" and watch 8 races - we "bet" on which horse would win each race, and with 1 exception, we all "lost". And it was 'ladies night at the track' and besides all the great food, we got our own personal fashion show of some nice evening gowns; 2 of which I liked very much, and by adding short sleeves, I would wear :) All of the guests we were with were from India, we were the only 'white' people. We had a fabulous time, laughed a lot, played at betting and losing and WE DIDN'T TALK SHOP! There were about 15 large tables in the room, each sitting 10 people, table clothes, nice dishes and glasses, TV screens in four places to watch the action before each race, then in stadium-style seating, we could watch the races out of floor-to-ceiling window/walls in comfortable chairs. It was such a blast!! and it was all free to us, thanks to the track vet! thanks! And we learned a lot about the horses, jockeys and trainers, too.

3 comments:

Emily Marie said...

That sounds like so much fun! I am glad that you had a good time and didn't talk 'shop'! Good luck finding out about the job!
Love you

Olivia Heilmann said...

Wow! That sounds like quite an adventure! How fun.

Mina said...

THAT IS SO AWESOME!!!! I've never been to a horse race...but I want to!